Business Intelligence (BI) Programmer
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Do you have an inexplicable fondness for numbers? Does pulling data make your heart sing? Do you dream about pivot tables? Having a hard time explaining this to friends and family? At Big Blue Bubble, we understand.
Analytics is an increasingly critical part of the modern game studio. At Big Blue Bubble, we’ve tripled the size of our Business Intelligence team in the last year. As a member of our growing team, you will be working behind-the-scenes developing tools to monitor and report on all mission-critical metrics associated with our games. You’ll get hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services, API development and front/back-end dashboard maintenance and extension.
Updating our analytics systems is like changing the tires of a moving car – and that means that the contribution of every member of the programming team is critical.
In this position, you will be responsible for the following:
- Planning and developing code bases for internal data display dashboard, API interfaces, and analysis scripts
- Maintaining and supporting existing code
- Writing, testing, debugging and documenting code and processes
- Managing Amazon Web Services resources, including setup, maintenance, and provisioning
- Working with other departments/teams within the company to provide controlled access to metrics systems and data
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Data Analytics
- Familiarity with web servers and services
- The ability to understand and interpret analytics
- Excellent problem solving with mad math skills (calculus/statistics/linear algebra)
- Experience with source control systems such as SVN and Git
- Familiarity with Linux and shell scripting
- A solid knowledge of software concepts such as data structures, object-oriented programming and design patterns.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (SQS, SNS, Kinesis, Redshift, EMR).
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Clear communicator
- Able to meet deadlines
We know the above list is extensive. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.