Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Game analytics is quickly becoming the life blood of the modern gaming company. Who is playing your games? What do your players enjoy and what makes them leave and never look back? What entices your players to spend money and grow from a minnow to a dolphin to a whale? (What do marine animals have to do with gaming???) At Big Blue Bubble, our Game Analysts help us answer these questions and more for our own games, driving them to success.
As a member of our team, you will be working closely with game designers, production, and others on the Business Intelligence team, creating and executing analyses and experiments to optimize the design and monetization of our games. You’ll get hands-on experience with game analytics, data querying, experimental design, and formulating really interesting and solid questions that need to be answered.
Updating our analytics systems is like changing the tires of a moving car – and that means that the contribution of every member of the team is critical.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Planning, developing and carrying out analyses of our games
- Designing and conducting experiments with our games (e.g. A/B testing)
- Acquiring the data required for such tasks by querying our various databases and data stores
- Creating dashboard, reports, and presentations detailing the results of analyses and experiments
- Working with other departments/teams within the company to formulate and achieve design and monetization objectives
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Data Analytics
- Experience with programming and scripting in various languages and environments
- Knowledge and expertise in databases and especially a degree of comfort with SQL
- Some background with statistics, with the ability to understand and interpret analytics
- A naturally inquisitive nature, coupled with the ability to formulate key questions to drive analyses
- The ability to complete an analysis, creating sound answers to these key questions
- Good communication skills, capable of acquiring and disseminating information from and to various stakeholders in the company
- A passion for games and knowledge about the industry and key players (particularly in the mobile and free-to-play space)
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Detail oriented
- Clear communicator and good team player
- Able to meet deadlines
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.