Location – London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
AnimatorIs your life caught in endless animation loops— but you like it that way? Do you have a solid understanding of movement, weight and timing in order to produce top quality animations? Are you always looking to improve your animation skills and stay current on the latest trends and techniques? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Animator at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Art Lead, Producer, and production team to create and implement character animation assets.
- Creating imaginative character concepts that align with the overall vision of the Studio and branding.
- Working with the Art Lead and Producer to ensure all established timelines and deliverables are met.
- Participating in Art design review meetings and share your ideas, feedback and opinions.
- Continuing to enhance your animation skills by keeping aware of industry trends and techniques, learning new software packages and traditional art methods.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- College Diploma in Art or Animation.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Experience in creating animation and animation-related art assets on projects.
- Expert level understanding of weight and timing.
- Photoshop and 3D Studio Max skills.
- The ability to create seamless animation loops.
- Experience working with casual, approachable art and animation styles.
- Experience with rigging and animating full-body humanoid characters would be an asset.
- Familiarity with the game development process.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
Come and Join the FunSee Positions
Need Some Help?All FAQs
Who We AreLearn More