Location – London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
ArtistAre you an Artist who enjoys solving problems, learning new technologies, and working with others in a collaborate environment? Are you looking for a position where you can play a major part in the visual creation of the games we create? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Artist at Big Blue Bubble.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Working with the Art Lead to determine the specific assets needed for a project then turning those needs into market-ready products for both new and existing IP.
- Creating amazing game-ready art assets based on concept art and direction.
- Quickly iterate concept drawings.
- Evaluate and match visual styles for new and existing IP.
- Working closely with the Art Lead, Game Designers, Animators, and Producer to create exciting and imaginative content for games.
- Supporting marketing and promotional initiatives with creative design.
- Participate in art team discussions, critiques and game development ideas.
- Managing responsibilities across multiple projects.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- College Diploma in Art or Animation.
- 2 years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of perspective, composition, character design, colour theory, visual effects and lighting.
- Proficient in Photoshop.
- Strong knowledge of the game development process.
- Direct industry experience on multiple shipped titles.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- A clear communicator.
- An eye for detail.
- Imaginative and out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming culture.
We know the above list is detailed. We don’t expect you to meet all of our criteria but we are looking for proven experience with an appetite and passion for growth. If you think you fit the role then please get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
Come and Join the FunSee Positions
Need Some Help?All FAQs
Who We AreLearn More