Permanent, Part-time – 24 Hours per Week | Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you a Finance leader looking to join a creative and innovative organization? Are you a hands-on, roll-up-the-sleeves type of leader who enjoys working with their Finance team to deliver results while working directly with the CEO & Founder on corporate financial strategy? Are you looking for a permanent, part-time role in London, Ontario? If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Finance Director at Big Blue Bubble.
Here are the things you will be responsible for in this position:
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization. This includes, planning, controlling, reporting and measuring all financial information and assets of Big Blue Bubble.
- Direct and oversee accounts receivable, cash receipts, accounts payable, and payroll functions as well as monitor cash requirements daily and producing monthly cash forecasts.
- Produce and analyze financial information critical to business interests as well as create and present reports to management regarding accounting data to enable knowledge based decision making and forecasts.
- Provide analytical review of the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts on a monthly basis, including the reconciliation of subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger.
- Preparation of quarterly financial statements and analysis.
- Coordinate the preparation of year-end audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures.
- Preparation of year-end comparative financial statements and supporting schedules.
Work closely with the external audit team ensuring all necessary critical information is available to them.
- Monitor reserve accounts and investments, and review bank statements.
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends in Canada (London) and the USA (California).
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- University degree in Business or Accounting.
CA or CPA designation, preferred.
3 years of experience in a finance leadership role.
Minimum of 8 years working experience in Finance & Accounting functions.
Knowledge of accepted accounting rules, practices, tax laws, and reporting requirements in Canada (London) and the USA (California).
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.