Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
Are you skillful at overseeing projects through execution and actively driving collaboration amongst various technical, design and creative teams? Do you have an enthusiasm for video games and a commitment to the project development process? Are you a good problem solver with keen attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills? Have you been admired for your communication skills and ability to facilitate and lead team meetings?
If this describes you, please get in touch with us to talk about the position of Game Producer at Big Blue Bubble.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Background in Art, Design, or Programming, preferred.
- Relevant / related experience of 3 years.
- Experience being the Producer on at least one (1) published game title.
- Very strong project / program management skills.
- Experience with JIRA / Confluence software.
- Experience developing and using agile and waterfall project management.
- Understanding of game monetization and game design.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Able to manage all stages of development, from pre-production to live to post-release.
- Able to work well with a team in a fast-paced, cross-discipline, and iterative setting.
- Able to understand technical and design implementations and limitations.
- Awareness of current industry trends across all genres and platforms.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
Big Blue Bubble would never ask an applicant for their social insurance number, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. We would also never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an employment offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.