Information Systems and Technology Director
Location: London, Ontario, Canada — Posted June 24, 2019
Reporting to the COO, the Information Systems and Technology Director oversees and manages the information systems and technologies that support various business initiatives within Big Blue Bubble. This key leader will work alongside the CEO & Founder, COO and department leaders to determine the best strategy, tools, and approaches to provide the valuable systems, tools, and technologies that will enable Big Blue Bubble’s execution of its business objectives.
- Manage the building of project requirements, procurement, budgeting, and any development and maintenance of the various information systems and technologies utilized organization-wide.
- Develop and implement strategies for the selection and integration of the various technology systems.
- Ensure the compliance with the various required standards through effective use of tools, policies, procedures, enforcement, and audits.
- Ensure that trust is paramount through the appropriate implementation of security and privacy safeguards.
- Responsible for vendor management to include the negotiation of IT contracts, mediation of contractual disputes, and amendments to core agreements.
- Responsible for leading executive level IT and systems project initiatives.
- Communicates, develops, and leads IT governance processes & practices, including analysis of IT infrastructure.
- Lead the development of the appropriate internal standards and ensure enterprise information systems operate according to those standards, which are required to meet the requirements of accrediting agencies standards, and legal requirements.
- Enforces policy and procedures to ensure the protection of enterprise IT assets.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of systems that meet enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity needs.
- Completes low level assembly programming, as required.
- BS in Computer Science, MBA, or other relevant work experience.
- 15+ years in IT or Software Engineering.
- At least 10 of those years in a leadership capacity in a technology organization.
- 5+ years of experience managing IT and software development teams with hands-on involvement in system architecture, design, and performance.
- Extensive experience with cloud platforms – AWS or Google Cloud Platform.
- Extensive software architecture experience.
- Deep technical programming expertise, Unity and C# preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Past demonstrated management of varying team sizes.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
- Knowledge of fiscal management techniques.
- Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
- Skill in planning, organizing and supervising.
- Strong leadership skills, personal drive, and ability to see projects through to execution in a matrixed environment.
- Strong understanding of products and services.
- Strong analytical skills in budgeting, planning and policy maintenance and development.
- Ability to communicate effectively at an executive level.
Big Blue Bubble is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should notify the HR Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.