Product Marketing Specialist
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
As a Product Marketing Specialist you will work closely with the production team to bring new game titles to market as well as provide ongoing marketing project coordination support.
To be successful in this role you have a passion for games and are competitive by nature. You understand how to use data to inform and evaluate marketing efforts and keep up to date on the latest innovations in the gaming industry. You also have a passion for content marketing, understanding the importance of balancing great storytelling with effective campaigns that drive results.
In this position, you will be responsible for:
- Planning and executing product marketing initiatives against the larger Marketing department strategies.
- Managing the marketing roadmap for our games.
- Building strong relationships cross-functionally with multiple teams who are developing our games.
- Developing comprehensive analyses and post mortem reports on Product Marketing campaigns, working with the Business Intelligence team to interpret and report on results.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the competition and market trends, collaborating with Consumer Insights to inform marketing projects.
- Identifying best practices and techniques both inside and outside the gaming industry.
- Working with external partners to coordinate campaigns, including trade shows and conferences and then participate in the trade shows and conferences.
- Knowing your products inside and out, keeping up to date on the game development roadmap, new features, content release schedule, etc.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Post-secondary education in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, Design or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of experience in the consumer-facing product marketing function of a company, preferably in digital entertainment products (mobile games, console games, online/PC games, etc).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail.
- Strong project management experience with project management platforms (JIRA and Confluence preferred), exceptional organizational skills, and the ability to multitask.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Passion for consumer entertainment and games.
- Strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in Google Suite, Acrobat Pro and Photoshop.
- Experience developing strong working relationships with cross-functional teams in multiple studios/locations
- Experience working with external partners and licensors, following strict brand rules and guidelines.
You also have the following attributes:
- Detail oriented.
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a team.
- Enthusiastic about gaming.
We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to email@example.com.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.