Social Media Specialist
Location: London, Ontario, Canada
Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application. Candidates must have one of the following to be eligible for consideration – Canadian Citizenship, valid Permanent Resident status, valid Protected Person status or a valid open Work Permit.
The Social Media Specialist plays a very important role in Big Blue Bubble’s social presence. This role will evangelize Big Blue Bubble’s people, culture and brand by creating meaningful social content and engaging with our followers as well as being the voice of our players by adhering and analyzing feedback from player communities and social media channels.
This role reports to the Marketing Director and works closely with the Community Engagement Specialist, Marketing team and Quality Services team.
In this position these are the things you will be responsible for:
- Creating social content for the social calendar across our existing platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Developing social media creative asset briefs and managing the asset creation process, working directly with skilled artists and graphic designers.
- Sharing the voice of our players internally; gathering and analyzing user feedback from social media channels.
- Compassionately communicating with users directly on social media as well as replying to reviews.
- Communicating bug fixes and user experience improvements to the quality services team.
- Liaising with the company’s customer support team to keep a pulse on any developing issues.
- Staying on top of social trends and being able to capitalize on those trends immediately when they happen.
- Ad hoc marketing projects and assistance as required.
To be an effective team member, you will have:
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business, or an equivalent formation of work experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community management, or customer support, preferably in the video game industry.
- Ability to remain positive and objective when dealing with the emotions of users.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver within deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Thorough attention to detail.
- Exceptional writing skills including messaging, content marketing, and storytelling.
- Experience managing social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Discord and tools such as Hootsuite.
- Experience working with and relating to our core demographic group of pre-teens and teens.
You also have the following attributes and skills:
- Expertise in primary social networks and an understanding of how to optimize content for them.
- Ability to be both proactive and reactive with content combined with being a master of memes.
- Understanding of community channels such as Discord, Reddit, forums, and more.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of video games.
- Organized and well structured in your work habits.
- Ability to adapt to change and to work under pressure within the agreed timeframes.
- Familiarity with image and video editing software a plus.
- We know the above list is a lot. You don’t have to fill every single point. We each bring our own respective strengths to the table. Let us know which of the above is you and get in touch with us now to explore the opportunity further!
Big Blue Bubble is committed to employment equity. We encourage applications from queer, transgender, Indigenous, BIPOC, d/Deaf and disabled applicants. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments – if you require accommodations at any point in the application or recruitment process please submit them in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What makes our studio so exceptional:
- Flexible hybrid work schedule providing a mix of in-office and remote work days.
- Inclusive studio culture that fosters strong collaboration and support amongst its team members.
- Smaller scope projects which provide multifaceted opportunities to build skills and try new things.
- Strong focus on work-life balance with minimal overtime.
- In-office barista and full kitchen to host daily popcorn, ice cream days and food events.
- Unique and frequent team-building and social events (pi day, office olympics, escape rooms, gaming tournaments, movie days and so much more).
- Gaming consoles and other in-office equipment (arcade machine, devices and massage chair).
- Paid game fund, so you can continue to expand your industry knowledge.
- Comprehensive benefits package and annual bonuses.
- Paid time off, sick days, wedding leave, and baby leave.
- Focus on giving back to our community through events such as Extra Life.
- Variety of internship placements where students quickly see the impact of their work.
- Part of the EG7 global gaming cooperative that is comprised of several companies that specialize in video game entertainment such as Daybreak Games, Piranha Games, Antimatter Games, Toadman Studios, Petrol, and Fireshine Games.
To learn more about Big Blue Bubble, click here.